News: Ichiba Japanese Food Hall is Coming to London
We have some exciting news for Japanese food lovers in London. 'Ichiba' is coming to Westfields in 2018 and at over 17,000 square foot, it's set to be Europe's largest Japanese food hall.
This is the first joint venture between the Japan Centre Group and Cool Japan Fund which offers support to businesses who promote Japan's culture overseas. Japan Centre has also partnered with Gekkeikan sake and Kikkoman who'll be on hand to offer advice and give you the opportunity to sample products.
- A Japanese bakery, with many firm favourites including dorayaki pancakes and delicious matcha lattes.
- A sake bar with a dedicated sake sommelier and the chance to sample different types of hot and cold sake.
- A noodle bar where you'll be able to try out noodles and tonkotsu ramen.
- Theatrical kitchens with live cooking demos and workshops.
- A food hall with authentic products and rare regional produce.
- Food stations serving up all sorts of tasty treats including Japanese street food.
Tak Tokumine, CEO of Japan Centre says "I’m delighted to announce this new concept for people to experience Japanese food culture at Westfield London. Ichiba will be a dynamic and inspiring addition to the expanded centre and retail landscape in the Capital.”
We'll bring you more updates when there's a firm opening date, but for now why not visit Japan Centre's new store on Panton Street, Piccadilly.